15 November 2010

Bake More Bread!

Priscilla and Tommy sent me a book on bread making for my birthday.  It is called Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a Day and it's dramatically changed our routine!  Instead of a once a week bake day, in cool weather only, I keep dough on hand, and make bread products all the time.  The first thing I made was pizza dough, for Sara's 10th birthday party.  Although the book says the dough will not colonize the refrigerator, this one did.  I got that under control by adjusting how tightly the bowl is covered - as in, just barely.  Then I made bread, using the Boule recipe.  Then I made more boule dough, and used some for pecan sticky buns.  Although not as yummy as the traditional Joy of Cooking recipe I use for our Christmas morning tradition, it sure makes it easy for just any weekend morning.  I made a rosemary loaf by adding fresh chopped Rosemary with the water, as instructed.  I brush the top with water, and press sea salt into the top before baking.  (Thank you Kaiti for introducing us to Avenue Bread and their Rosemary bread)
So, now I make dough, and bring some to the cabin, so we can have fresh bread there too!

Next up . . . bagels!

No comments:

Post a Comment